KSi Merger Announcement – Merger Enhances Waldron Rand’s Global Reach
The start of the New Year offers exciting ways for Waldron Rand to expand services to our clients with international business activities. As you may know, for the past 15 years, Waldron Rand has been an active member in KS International, an Association of independent accounting firms. On February 8, 2016, KS International (KSi) and Morison International (MI) voted to approve a merger between the two international associations, forming a US$1 billion strong international association. The name of the new association will be Morison KSi and will have 1,201 partners, 8,990 professional staff and 375 offices in 88 countries. The merger will be effective as of April 1, 2016. The result of the merger builds on Waldron Rand’s valued long-standing relationship with KSi, selecting member firms with a deep understanding of the laws, regulations, culture, and professional climate of their countries. This critical information and collaborative environment help clients expand a business venture or troubleshoot an issue on an international level.
Both associations are well known for their focus on personal relationships, highly selective approaches to membership recruitment and share a commitment to maintaining their association status. The merger is built on a shared culture that is dynamic, ambitious and client focused.
“After overseeing 26 years of year-on-year growth and record levels of business referred around the world, this merger provides a greater footprint for KSi to pursue new opportunities, build stronger connections for clients and ultimately enhance our service offerings,” says Sir Michael Snyder, Chairman of KSi.
“The merger of KSi and Morison International is a very exciting development. Together we have more resources, skills, experience, depth, breadth and reach, but most importantly the merger is built on a shared culture and commitment to working with only the highest quality firms to serve our clients’ international needs,” says Mark Levenfus, Chairman of MI and Chairman of Morison KSi.
The merger provides MI with a strong UK member firm and expanded US representation, as well as further high quality firms across the globe including Europe, Asia and Latin America. For KSi, the merger provides a solid platform to accelerate the association’s growth ambitions.
Mark Levenfus (Managing Partner, Marks Paneth LLP, New York, USA) will serve as Chairman and the Vice Chairman will be Graham Tyler (Partner, Executive Board and Head of Business Development at Kingston Smith LLP, London, UK). Liza Robbins will be CEO of the merged association.
By adding greater resources and geographical coverage, Morison KSi offers exciting cross-border benefits to Waldron Rand’s clients. At a global or local scale, these benefits are just one more way Waldron Rand is ready to help you grow your business.
Waldron H. Rand & Company Selected for New KS International Initiative
For over 10 years, Waldron Rand has been a proud member of KS International (KSi), an association of independent accounting firms located around the world that provides a wide range of accounting, tax, and business-consulting services. Our affiliation with KSi enables us to better serve our clients with international needs.
Each independent member firm has a deep understanding of the laws and culture of its country. Access to this knowledge is vital when helping clients start or expand a business or troubleshoot an issue on an international level — across the spectrum of location, industry, and trade.
Our relationship with KSi has enabled us to help our clients in the following areas:
- Establishing overseas branches and companies
- International tax planning for companies and individuals
- International audits, reviews, and compilations
- International corporate finance
We are honored to have been invited to join a select group of firms within KSi launching a new initiative offering an integrated cross-border approach to the global tax needs of our international client base. Key services provided by the members of this group will include:
- Transfer pricing — carrying out functional and risk analysis, and benchmarking and preparing reports and transfer-pricing documentation
- Withholding tax — advising on minimizing withholding tax and submitting claims in the withholding jurisdiction to reclaim withholding tax paid
- International mergers and acquisitions — advising on the tax consequences of corporate sales and acquisitions, and any structuring to improve tax efficiencies in the transaction
- VAT and other sales taxes — advising on obligations to charge VAT sales and other taxes, recovering VAT, and structuring to reduce any incidence of irrecoverable VAT
- Tax regimes for innovation — advice on the taxation of royalty income and incentives available for research and development activities or other IP-related tax rules
- Internationally mobile employees — advising on cross-border movement of employees, taxation and Social Security obligations to employees and their employers, and taking advantage of any local tax rules to encourage inbound workers
- Property ownership — the consequences of nonresidents owning property in a local jurisdiction, including taxation of rents and deductible expenses, and taxation of capital gains and wealth/inheritance taxes, with advice on available structures to hold property where appropriate
- Doing business in the local jurisdiction — taking inward investors into the local jurisdiction through the process of choosing a business entity; registering for local payroll, sales, and corporation taxes; and related tax planning
- Retirement to your jurisdiction — including taxation of investment income and pensions in retirement, local wealth or inheritance taxes, and laws of succession and inheritance
- Country-by-country beneficial tax regimes — when appropriate to highlight in a local jurisdiction, beneficial tax regimes that relate to the residence of an individual or the siting of a business
Waldron Rand is excited to be part of this initiative. We are committed to helping our clients grow and succeed — whether on a national or an international level.
Conducting Business in the United Kingdom
Join us on 12/7/15 @ 8:30 for an overview of doing business in the United Kingdom with international tax expert Paul Spindler of the United Kingdom’s firm Kingston Smith. His presentation will provide an overview of UK business, tax and payroll obligations. Paul will also help you avoid the most common mistakes made when foreign companies conduct business in the United Kingdom.
Paul was featured in Tax Journal’s “40 Under 40 for 2012/13” guide, which recognizes him as one of the best young professionals working in tax today. He also demonstrates a keen interest in accounting for social projects, and has worked with his local and international colleagues to push the internationalization of Social Return on Investment (SROI).
Paul is a director of the British and Colombian Chamber of Commerce as well as an active supporter of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain, and regularly attends and speaks at events in relation to inward investment into the UK.
Kingston Smith is one of the United Kingdom’s top 20 accounting firms with six offices. Like Waldron Rand, Kingston Smith is part of the KSi network.
Introducing Two New Members of Our Team
We are delighted to introduce two new members of the Waldron Rand team! Please meet Ting Shen and Adam Remillard.
Ting Shen, Staff Accountant
We are happy to welcome back Ting Shen. We got to know Ting during her internship at Waldron Rand. Prior to joining us, Ting worked as a tax assistant for PARAXEL, where she managed compliance processes, assisted in state sales and use tax audits, and conducted research to update the company’s tax matrix. Prior to that, Ting worked as a tax analyst for Boston Private Financial Holdings and as a real estate financial analyst for Boston Finance Investment Management. Ting is a graduate of Suffolk University.
Adam Remillard, Staff Accountant
Adam brings a wealth of experience to Waldron Rand. As a senior tax services associate for Ernst & Young’s San Diego office, Adam managed engagement processes and national client relationships. In Boston, Adam gained experience working with high-net-worth individuals at the Wealth Management Group. He also worked as a fund analyst for Fidelity Investments.
Adam has hands-on experience as a business owner in both retail and real estate settings. He is a graduate of Northeastern University.
Thank you for your business and friendship!
If you were not able to join us, we missed you. Please call anytime to schedule a visit 781.449.5825
We thank you, our loyal clients and friends, for choosing us as your trusted advisor. We are committed to your success.
Elements M&A Conference: Building Blocks of the Deal – May 15, 2015
Rick Dlugasch was one of the featured speakers at the Elements M&A Conference: Building Blocks of the Deal, held on May 15 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Waltham. Rick joined 15 other dynamic industry experts who provided an introduction to the process of selling a closely held business. The Conference was specifically tailored to business owners, as well as professional advisors, who wanted to better understand all the components of the deal.
Rick’s presentation, Deal Structure and Taxes: It is not how much you make….it is how much you keep that counts, focused on how to structure the deal changes, how much you pay in taxes and, ultimately, how much you keep. Attendees learned how to optimize the structure of their sale and have more control over what they keep for retirement.
Rick has decades of hands-on accounting and business experience. He is a member of the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Rick frequently speaks at industry conferences on tax and real estate topics.
To provide superior service and value-added solutions that enhance client success, inspire our employees to do great work, and positively impact our community.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Send us your email and we'll get you on newsletter distribution list.
Waldron H. Rand & Company
850 Washington Street, Suite 200
Dedham, MA 02026